What Everyone Must Know About The Ear Infection In Dogs?
An ear infection is the most common type of infection in the case of dogs. Ear infections can mainly be itchy as well as painful. Some of the important facts about Natural Remedies for Dog Ear Infections have been discussed in this article.
Causes of the ear infection in the case of dogs
Dogs have different ear structures in comparison to humans. Their ear canals are mainly vertical as well as L-shaped. This can make the fluid deposited easily. This is the reason for which dogs are more prone to ear infections.
- Bacteria as well as yeast mainly exist in humid conditions. Fluids, as well as oil present in the ear canal, can mainly create a moist environment that is mainly suitable for bacterial and fungal growth.
- It is necessary to regularly clean the dog’s ears to reduce the risk of infection.
Important natural remedies for the ear infection in case of dogs
One can spray the combination of apple cider vinegar as well as distilled water into the dog’s ear. Vinegar can mainly be helpful in fighting bacterial as well as fungal infections and can help in reducing swelling. The acid mainly helps to reduce pain.
- Olive oil can reduce irritation, as well as help to remove impurities from the dog’s ear. It is vital to warm up some olive oil nearly equal to the same temperature as the dog’s skin and apply a few drops of that oil to the puppy’s ear.
- One can also put some warm compress on the ear at different times a day to help in decreasing the inflammation as well as reduce pain. The heat mainly improves the blood circulation to the ear and helps the dog to fight off the infection.
- It is necessary to trim some extra hairs which are mainly growing in the ear canal. These hairs mainly help to prevent airflow in the ear. This mainly helps to dry out the ear canal. If the dog is uncooperative then one can call upon a professional groomer.
- It is necessary to provide the dog with a diet having Vitamin C as well as Omega fatty acids. Both of these nutrients are mainly beneficial for the immune system of the dog. Vitamin C mainly helps to fight against ear infections.
These are some of the important facts about natural remedies for ear infections.